Friday 11 April 2014

Why?


Why would I save to buy a typewriter to use to produce documents? Why would I study Secretarial Studies at an age when everyone can now easily produce documents they need? Why would I make huge investments to set up keyboard and mouse production line? Why would I think the smarter child is the one who does better in Mathematics? Why would I put pressure on my child to join a profession because such was considered when I was his age, the profession of the higher social class? Why would I make huge sacrifices to acquire a skill that increasingly has no more problems to solve?

The reason I would do any of the above is because I lack understanding of the times; it is because I have refused to attempt to detach my thinking from the mob worldview—social mirror; it is because I don’t understand relevance.; it is because I have not prudently studied the connection between my activities and their results; it is because I assume I can be busily involved in any kind of activities while thinking that somehow they will just result in the consequences I desire.
Sometimes, relevance is a very individual concept. Things I do that amount to relevance for me might not amount to relevance for you. Your destination determines relevance for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment